I LOVE smoothies and have always relied on them to get fruit into my kids. My daughter says she hates milk, but when in a smoothie, she will temporarily put aside her disdain, and fully enjoy the sweet, cool, creamy goodness.
I don’t use protein powder or almond or soy “milk” but I have recently started adding a handful of baby spinach leaves. I was amazed to see that, once blended, there is absolutely no sign of the green leaves. So simple, and best of all, a very healthy boost of vitamins and nutrients.
This Basic Smoothie
- Frozen blueberries, about 1 cup
- 1 scoop of Greek yogurt
- Milk, amount depends on how thick you like your smoothie
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
Switch or Ditch
SO many options!
- My daughter’s favourite smoothie is made with strawberries, bananas and mango. I buy frozen mango and strawberries (when not in season) and freeze peeled banana in chunks so she can grab them from the freezer and pop them in)
- regular or Greek yogurt…I prefer Greek because it’s creamier, and has more protein
- sometimes I will add dried powder milk, when I have concerns that my daughter has not been drinking enough milk